Videos: Canning Tomatoes
This collection of videos from University Extension offices nationwide explains how to can tomatoes. Note that many videos only refer to using a boiling water canner (aka water bath canner), but you may also use an atmospheric steam canner to can tomatoes as long as the total processing time is 45 minutes or less.
Research on food preservation is ongoing – recommendations may have changed since the release of some videos. Please refer to the National Center for Home Food Preservation for the most current recommendations.
(Videos open in a new window)
- Home canning tomatoes (4:11 min.) - University of Minnesota Extension
- Tomato varieties in home food preservation (5:27 min.) - Michigan State University Extension
- Water bath canning of salsa (8:34 min.) - Ohio State University Extension
- Can tomatoes in a water bath canner (9:20 min.) - Ohio State University Extension
- Using a jar filler (0:36 min.) National Center for Home Food Preservation