UC Master Food Preserver Program
Coming soon! – Home Food Preservation Course
Interested in learning more about preserving food at home? Want to increase your culinary skills? Do you live in a county without a UC Master Food Preserver Program?
The UC Master Food Preserver Program is excited to announce that plans are underway to offer an online series of courses covering the following topics.
- Food safety in the kitchen
- Freezing foods with maximum quality retention
- Dehydrating fruits, vegetables and meats and making powders
- Canning the pantry staples: tomatoes, applesauce, and fresh fruit
- Making jams, jellies and other fruit spreads by canning and freezing
- Using the fridge and a canner to pickle fruits, vegetables and eggs to add a burst of flavor to meals
- Canning your own condiments and savory sauces
- Stocking your pantry with main meal ingredients: meats, broth, soups and vegetables
Sign up here to be notified of course details.