Dr. Linda J. Harris Ph.D.
CE Specialist-Food Safety MicrobiologyDepartment of Food Science and Technology
University of California, Davis
One Shields Ave.
Davis, CA, CA 95616
Ph.D. Microbiology, North Carolina State University. 1991
M.S. Food Microbiology, University of Alberta. 1987
B.S. Food Science, University of Alberta. 1983
SpecialtyMicrobial food safety throughout the food chain with a focus on the microbiology of fresh fruits and vegetables and tree nuts.
Areas of Expertise (click to see all ANR academics with this expertise)
- Fruit and Nut Crop
- Vegetable Crops
- Food and Non-Food Products: Development, Processing, Quality, and Delivery
- New and Improved Food Processing Technologies
- Human Nutrition, Food Safety, and Human Health and Well-Being
- Protect Food From Contamination By Pathogenic Microorganisms, Parasites, and Naturally Occurring Toxins
ANR Workgroup Associations
- Agriculture and Nature Tourism - Member
- Beef Safety and Quality Assurance - Member
- Postharvest Technology Center - Member
- Sub Tropical Crops - Member
- Vegetable Crops - Member
- Walnut - Member