Videos: Jam & Jelly
This collection of videos from University Extension offices nationwide explains how to make jams and jellies with full/low/no sugar. Note that many videos only refer to using a boiling water canner (aka water bath canner), but you may also use an atmospheric steam canner to can jams and jellies.
Research on food preservation is ongoing – recommendations may have changed since the release of some videos. Please refer to the National Center for Home Food Preservation for the most current recommendations.
(Videos open in a new window)
Jams & Jellies
- Jam and jelly basics: essential ingredients for sweet success (5:36 min.) - University of Minnesota Extension
- Jams and jellies (38:47 min.) - University of Alaska Extension
- How to make strawberry jam (3:13 min.) - University of Maine Cooperative Extension
- Strawberry jam (0:55 min.) - University of Arkansas
- Demo of cooked strawberry jam using powdered pectin (9:52 min.) - Pennsylvania State Extension