Videos: Preserve Meat and Fish
This collection of videos from University Extension offices nationwide cover preserving meat using pressure canning and dehydration methods, and preserving fish by pressure canning.
Research on food preservation is ongoing – recommendations may have changed since the release of some videos. Please refer to the National Center for Home Food Preservation for the most current recommendations.
(Videos open in a new window)
- Meat packaging in 8 steps (2:24 min.) - Texas A&M Extension
- Homemade jerky 101 (3:57 min.) - University of Minnesota Extension
- Canning chicken (23:15 min.) - Utah State University Extension
- Can meat in jars (12:51 min.) - University of Alaska Extension
- Making sausage (21:50 min.) - University of Alaska Extension